“Vice” in the news
|executive vice president|
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· As world awaits COVID-19 vaccine, next big pandemic treatment may be manufactured antibodies →
“The advantage of an antibody is that it is basically instant immunity,” said Mark Brunswick, senior vice president at Sorrento Therapeutics, which aims to begin human trials next month of a single antibody candidate.
· Rogue Company August update patch notes: New map, shooting gallery, nerfs and beta keys →
According to game designer Nick Keogh, the mid-August Rogue Company update will add a brand new map called Vice.
· Loyalty to Anwar doesn’t excuse ‘betrayal’, PKR’s Fahmi tells Sabah defector Kenny Chua →
Chua, who was Sabah PKR vice president, was one the 13 elected and nominated assemblyman who decided to switch sides and rally behind former Sabah chief minister Musa in his bid to topple the Warisan-led state government.
· Trump promised a health-care plan in two weeks. It’s been two weeks. →
As former vice president Joe Biden has pointed out, the ranks of those who suffer such long-term ailments are likely to be joined by thousands who have been infected by the novel coronavirus.
· Arizona’s primaries could provide a hint as to whether Democrats can take the Senate →
When it comes to Arizona, much of the nation’s political attention this year has been focused on whether former Vice President Joe Biden can flip a state President Donald Trump won in 2016.
· Low wage workers with COVID-19 lose jobs and historic SpaceX returns: The Morning Rundown →
Stateside, Joe Biden's vice presidential pick remains a mystery.
· The Health 202: Hospitals must start paying back billions borrowed from government during pandemic →
“I think there is clearly consensus there needs to be additional relief for hospitals,” said Tom Nichols, senior vice president for federal relations for the American Hospital Association.
· A stench of sexism in the VP search →
and had the temerity to attack former vice president Joe Biden in the debates.
· The Cybersecurity 202: White House backpedals after Trump’s suggested election delay crossed GOP red line →
Georgia politician Stacey Abrams, a contender to be Joe Biden’s vice presidential pick, said Trump “is doing his best to undermine our confidence in the process.”
· Do these garage doors need to be replaced — or just repainted? →
Justin White, vice president of Overhead Door Company of Washington D.C., which is based in Beltsville (301-937-1800; overheaddoor.com/washington-dc), offered a similar assessment.