“Victim” in the news
Idioms and phrases →
Publications and example sentences
· Trading The Bull Market In Gold With NUGT →
In 2020, it did the same in Swiss francs, and it was just a matter of time before the dollar, the leading fiat currency in the world became the next victim and declined to a new low against the precious metal.
· 'Career criminals' who targeted homes of the rich and famous sent behind bars →
“While the majority of these incidents occurred when the victims were out, some burglaries took place while they were at home.
· Predictions for WWE Raw, SmackDown and AEW Dynamite for Week of August 3 →
Finn Balor became a heel and reverted back to NXT after becoming the masked monster's first victim last August at SummerSlam.
· Prince Philip’s staggering confession about Prince Andrew exposed →
READ MORE: Prince Andrew's awful comments about terrorism victims - 'No empathy!'
The Japan Times
· Many living away from home areas month after southern Japan deluge →
In Hitoyoshi, where 3,775 buildings were inundated by floods from the Kuma River, the most in the prefecture, 504 households applied for 30 slots in the city’s first batch of municipal housing for disaster victims.
· Police: Husband of lecturer garotted with own scarf in Putrajaya feigned innocence →
SEPANG, Aug 3 — The suspect who garotted his wife using her own scarf pretended as if he did not know what had happened to the victim, said Sepang district police chief ACP Wan Kamarul Azran Wan Yusof.
The China Post
· One year after mass shooting, frustration in Ohio city →
He has bought flowers to place in honor of the victims, and will bring masks and hand sanitizer for anyone who wants to join in a socially distanced candlelight vigil.
· The Cybersecurity 202: White House backpedals after Trump’s suggested election delay crossed GOP red line →
Reuters's Jack Stubbs provides a rare look into a negotiations between a ransomware victim and hackers:
· Debt Markets Are Still Fragile →
The most immediate victim of LIBOR’s end is the purveyor of E$F, CME Group (CME).
· Third man arrested for attempted murder of NHS worker in racially motivated car attack →
The victim, a 21-year-old musician who only wants to be known as K or his stage name Kdogg, was hit by a car after finishing a shift at Southmead Hospital in Bristol on 22 July.