|tries to warn||警告しようとする|
· Two die in separate incidents on Cornish coast →
Last week the RNLI and Coastguard warned that there were no RNLI lifeguards on UK beaches.
· Dominic Cummings: The four most puzzling lines from aide’s statement →
Claimed he had previously warned of coronavirus pandemic
· Non-essential shops to reopen next month, Boris Johnson announces →
And he warned that the authorities will have powers to enforce compliance where necessary.
The New York Times
· Trump Administration Coronavirus Testing Strategy Draws Concerns: 'This Isn't the Hunger Games' →
“In this document, the Trump administration again attempts to paint a rosy picture about testing while experts continue to warn the country is far short of what we need.”
· Psychologist tells frontline NHS staff 'it's OK not to be OK' →
“It’s OK not to be OK,” is by far the most useful message to give frontline staff, according to the psychologist leading Scotland’s longest-running coronavirus support hub, as she warns that both NHS workers and the public risk becoming overwhelmed by helplines, apps and other resources.
· Ryan Reynolds joins Taika Waititi for a live reading of 'James and the Giant Peach' →
Just be warned: we're picking up in the middle of the book here, so you might want to go back and listen to the others first if narrative continuity is important to you.
· WHO halts hydroxychloroquine trial for coronavirus amid safety fears →
The allegation that the WHO was slow to warn of the risk of human-to-human transmission, and that it failed to cross-examine Chinese transparency early on, is largely not borne out by the evidence.
· Armchair expeditions: the addictive joy of dunnart spotting →
They also warn that:
· 'The cliff': what happens when Australia's coronavirus stimulus runs out of road? →
Measures that delay collapse or the repayment of debts can be helpful during a crisis but can load up businesses with more liabilities as they are trying to rebuild.Smith warns that uncertainty itself potentially has a high economic cost.
The China Post
· Israeli leader vows to push ahead with annexing West Bank →
18 Democratic senators warned in a letter this week that annexation could harm U.S.-Israeli ties.