“Warning” in the news
Publications and example sentences
The New York Times
· Twitter Grapples Anew With Its Trump Conundrum →
OAKLAND, Calif. — Twitter said last year that it would hide tweets of world leaders behind a warning label if their messages incited harassment or violence.
· WHO warns 1st wave of pandemic not over as infections surge in Brazil, India →
As Brazil and India struggle with surging coronavirus cases, a top health expert is warning that the world is still in the very middle of the outbreak, dampening hopes for a speedy global economic rebound and renewed international travel.
· NRL makes against-the-odds return for sports-starved Australians →
There were also warnings from state and federal ministers that the competition would be scrapped if a string of lockdown breaches by high-profile players continued.
· Trump says US to take action on China over Hong Kong this week →
Hong Kong police issued a warning late on Tuesday that they would not tolerate disruptions to public order, after activists circulated calls online for protests on Wednesday.
The China Post
· US warns Nevada governor about in-person worship limits →
The Trump administration is warning Nevada’s Democratic governor that his plan for reopening the state during recovery from the coronavirus fails to treat religious and secular gatherings equally.
· European leaders urge Netanyahu against West Bank annexations →
Several European leaders have sent personal letters to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in recent days warning him against annexing parts of the West Bank, Israeli and European officials tell me.
· Covanta: Very High Leverage Means A Slow Road Back For The Dividend →
Even though this painful action has already transpired, through analyzing their situation it is still possible to provide insights into any early warning signs that can be applied to other investments as well as estimating an approximate timeline for them to reinstate their dividends.
· Walmart: Cracks Appear In The Facade →
Then, there was the comparable sales number, which I think the market is ignoring the warning signs from.
· WHO: Coronavirus 'accelerating' in some Latin American countries →
US President Donald Trump, despite warnings from health officials, has repeatedly touted hydroxychloroquine as a preventive measure against coronavirus, revealing last week that he had taken a course of the drug.
· Coronavirus updates LIVE: WHO issues stark warning, says COVID-19 is 'on the way up'; Global virus cases surpass 5.5 million →
A top health expert is warning that the world is still in the very middle of the coronavirus outbreak, dampening hopes for a speedy global economic rebound and renewed international travel.