“Whether” in the news
|question of whether|
|whether or not|
Publications and example sentences
· Tales of the river bed: A strange Saturday night on the banks of the Thames →
Mr Shapps, delighted to take a non-Dom question, replied: “Whether somebody travels to Dublin or somebody travels to London, the same essential quarantine system would apply.”
· Men's grooming guide: From clippers to moisturisers, everything you need →
Either way, it's more than likely your typical grooming habits have changed since the start of the pandemic, depending on whether you have more, or less, hair.
· Kitakyushu declares it is in 2nd wave of coronavirus →
But, the governor said he would like to await analysis by the ministry's response team before deciding whether to end restrictions as scheduled.
· Where to get tested for coronavirus in Queensland →
More details on the symptoms of coronavirus and whether a person should get tested are available on the Queensland Health website.
· Germany rallied to save women's football – the FA should be embarrassed →
Regardless of whether they should be playing competitively now, or with more time to ease players back in, the Frauen Bundesliga’s return alongside the men should be welcomed.
The New York Times
· In George Floyd’s Death, a Police Technique Results in a Too-Familiar Tragedy →
John Elder, a spokesman for the Minneapolis Police Department, did not respond to a query about whether the knee restraint used by Officer Chauvin corresponded to those guidelines.
The New York Times
· Who Will Own the Cars That Drive Themselves? →
The best way to protect yourself from coronavirus — whether it’s surface transmission or close human contact — is still social distancing, washing your hands, not touching your face and wearing masks.
· Summary of external news of North Korea this week →
------------UNC says it cannot determine whether N.K.
· Red light: Australian MotoGP cancelled →
MotoGP promoter Dorna Sports had been debating whether any events outside of Europe could be run after November as the pandemic has put the season on hold until at least July.
· Lionel Messi: Barcelona and Argentina star's iconic moments →
If you can believe it, there was a time when people questioned whether Messi could do it against English clubs in Europe.