|around the world||世界中で|
|throughout the world||世界中に|
· Katarina Johnson-Thompson: How heptathlete struck gold in Doha →
Nafi Thiam arrived at last year's World Championships as the reigning world, Olympic and European heptathlon champion.
· RuPaul's Drag Race recap: season 12 finale – she's a winner baby! →
As if Sherry Pie-gate weren’t enough, the “cursed” 12th season has now been hit by the shadiest queen ever to grace our world stage, Miss Rona.
· Karolina Pliskova calls men 'super weak' for worrying about equal pay in tennis →
The world No 3 Karolina Pliskova has called male tennis players who complain about women claiming equal prize money “super weak”.
· Nick Pope: 'England is so far away but being the No 1 is something I want' →
Pope recognises there are “different characters in the goalkeeping world” but, when he considers his own mentality, breaking it down piece by piece, he accepts that those who play in his position do share a “certain amount of characteristics”.
· Beijing has fatally undermined the image of a self-governing and stable Hong Kong →
Not only has Hong Kong been essential to huge volumes of investment into China, it has also been a place where information and ideas that are stifled on the mainland could flourish, a place where spies from all over the world could learn each other’s secrets, civil society groups could organise and religious practice could thrive.
· Altria Represents One Of The Safest Ultra-High Yields You Can Find Today →
“A pack of 20 cigarettes (equivalent; a standard pack contains 25 sticks in Australia) now costs roughly USD 14.50, well above the USD 5.50 in the U.S., according to the World Health Organization.
· S&P 500 Weekly Update: The 'Bull' Is Alive As Equities Break Out Of The Trading Range →
In a world of zero interest rates, if equities are priced based on the present value of future cash flows, then one bad year of earnings now shouldn’t have much more than a 10% impact on stock prices.
The Wall Street Journal
· Postal Package Deliveries ‘Bogged Down’ With Delays, Backlogs →
Top news and in-depth analysis on the world of logistics, from supply chain to transport and technology.
· My favourite game: Charlton beat Sunderland in classic play-off final →
All I wanted in the world was to see my team, Charlton Athletic, walk out at Wembley Stadium, and also, if it wasn’t too much trouble, to see us play in the Premier League.
· ‘No logic’: World reacts to Trump’s decision to cut ties with World Health Organisation →
Donald Trump’s announcement that the US is cutting all ties with the World Health Organisation has been condemned by experts across the world.