· Joy in Gaza as mosques reopen after pandemic closure →
Worshippers were told to wear face masks inside mosques, which would be regularly disinfected as a precautionary measure, Gaza's religious affairs ministry said.
· From St. John's Episcopal Church to pandemic response, Trump is co-opting religion to keep the religious right on his side →
Two days after Trump’s threat to the governors, the White House quietly altered Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance on houses of worship, removing recommendations to eliminate or reduce the number of participants singing together, and to avoid sharing cups, hymnals or other ritual objects despite new evidence that such activity put worshippers at greater risk.
· Two dead in attack on mosque in Kabul's Green Zone →
He was famous in Kabul and his politically charged sermons were often so well attended that worshippers would spill into the grounds outside the mosque.
The China Post
· Afghan official: Kabul mosque bombed, 1 dead, 3 wounded →
Attacks against worshippers have increased in Afghanistan: Last month, an unknown number of attackers stormed a mosque in northern Parwan province, killed 11 worshipers and wounded several others.
· Several wounded in suicide attack inside Kabul mosque →
The bomber blew himself up in the part of the mosque where worshippers perform ablution before performing the prayers, interior ministry and police officials said.
· Indonesia cancels Hajj pilgrimage over coronavirus concerns →
Indonesia has cancelled plans to attend the Islamic Hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia this year because of concerns over the coronavirus pandemic, removing the largest contingent of worshippers at the annual gathering.
· Catholic churches to reopen for private worship in Phase 1 after circuit breaker →
There must be no physical interaction between worshippers from different households.
· The Power Worshippers: A look inside the American religious right →
The secret to making sense of them is simply stated in the title of Katherine Stewart's new book: The Power Worshippers: Inside the Dangerous Rise of Religious Nationalism.
· Steve King’s Racism Won’t Be His Undoing →
Three years later, he warned on Twitter that “cultural suicide by demographic transformation must end.” In 2018, he met with a member of a Nazi-linked party in Austria, just after 11 worshippers were killed in an attack on a Pittsburgh synagogue.
· Indonesia pulls out of annual Mecca pilgrimage over virus fears →
Indonesia is pulling out of the annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca over coronavirus fears, the religious affairs ministry said Tuesday, removing the largest contingent of worshippers.